Support Worker / Key Worker
Independent Care Solutions specialises in providing supported living services and accommodation to vulnerable young people aged between 14 – 25 years. We looking for Support Workers to work in the area who have experience working with young person/children in Supported Living, mental health, learning disabilities, and challenging behaviour.
You will be working in one of our 24 hour young persons supported living, mental health, learning disability, or challenging behaviour package. This role will be full time, 12-hour shifts, rotating on days and nights, and sleep-ins.
You need to be caring, compassionate, and committed to providing the support that allows our clients to lead ordinary lives. A positive attitude, friendly, caring & understanding nature is an absolute must.
You will assist the Manager to organize the day to day running of the service provision through the policies, training, supervision, and guidance provided by the company.
Duties to include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensure property is prepared appropriately (e.g. paperwork, laptop, phone, bedding, etc.) and ready for the arrival of new placements.
- Meet new young people and their social workers on arrival to the property to ensure smooth arrival to placement.
- Ensure newly placed service users are inducted on admission, explaining house rules and welcome pack, etc.
- Attend 72-hour review meeting and all other relevant meetings for the service user.
- Work with rota team to consider which staff team would work best with the service user.
- Produce professional reports and correspondence on outcomes and safeguarding in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Log all incidents, daily care notes on QCS Portal.
- Monitor and follow through with staff to ensure they complete specific actions needed for each young person.
- Promote service user’s independence by regularly reviewing their support levels in line with their changing needs and abilities and liaise with senior managers to make recommendations on how this should be adjusted.
- Oversee the day to day management of petty cash system and finances associated with the service user.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes.
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social care is essential or you must be willing to enrol.
- Control and restraint training essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of DOLS.
- Emergency First Aid required, Ligature awareness as supporting individuals at risk of attempting suicide or self- harm.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with young people knowledge of CAMHS.
- We provide ongoing support in form of supervisions and appraisals
- Flexible working hours/opportunities – you choose your own availability.
- Online Training available
- Help when making an application for DBS
- 24 Hour Support on call
- Training updates annually
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com
Total Positions: 20
Average Weekly Core Hours:39
Salary:£20,480 per annum